Friday, July 24, 2009

Story of a drop of water

Sonu filled his glass with water and left the tap water running .The drops of water kept dripping, making a peculiar sound. Sonu was just about to turn when he heard a voice. A shocked Sonu turned back. What he saw there! One drop of water started talking to him:

“Hi Sonu, you left me like this, my life is getting wasted. Do you know how precious I am and where do I come from?”

“No”, Sonu said.

“OK. Today I tell you the story of my life”, the drop said.

“I used to live with my family in a huge ocean. We used to play and had fun together. We used to swing with the waves and played very good music.”

“One day it was very hot. The sun was shining very brightly. Suddenly I started rising up in the air with other friends of mine. I enjoyed my flight in the air. How happy I was! Together we went up higher and higher in the sky.”

“It was very cool there. Cold wind was blowing. We met other big drops of water. We all became too heavy. Together we all tiny, heavy drops formed a cloud, a big black cloud.”

Sonu was quietly listening the story that drop explained.

“For many days we flew with other clouds. Now I started missing my family a lot. I wanted to go back to them.”

“Then one day while floating in the air, we suddenly hit a huge mountain and the cloud blasted and we all started falling down towards the earth. Gradually we fell into a river. I was feeling very happy.”

"While flowing with the river, one day we merged with the huge ocean. Thus I reached my sweet home. There I met my whole family and my old friends. How happy and delighted I was!”

“Is your story over?” asked Sonu.

“Yes, this is my story. Do you realize how much labour and pain we go through when we depart from our family? Water is life. While you waste water,many people on this earth die to get a drop of water. When you people waste water, it really hurts.”

“I promise you the little drop of water, from now onwards I will never waste you.”
And then Sonu closed the tap tightly and went to play.

What lesson we learnt---Each drop of water is precious.

Save water…save life.

No comments:

Post a Comment